Tuesday, May 15, 2012

About Me!

I realized how much I loved parties when it was time to start planning showers for some of my girlfriends. There really isn't much that I enjoy more than entertaining.  I started this blog to have a place to capture ideas for parties.  I am surrounded by people who know how to throw a party and are nice enough to allow me to share what they do.  And I have had some opportunities to throw a few of my own! Lucky me!  It is so much fun to have a place to share.  

I love to read blogs for inspiration and ideas. My favorite topics are parties (of course!), but also recipes, design, and crafty ideas. And my strong preference is to see the real-deal when I'm looking around my favorite spots on the web.
Sure, I can appreciate a gorgeous photo shoot with models and props. But in my opinion, those posts can't beat a real party.  With real people, real budgets, and really good food.  That's where I get the most inspiration.  So that is what I strive to create here. I won't ever have the most page views or daily posts.  But I will continue to have original content as often as this busy life allows. 

I love behind the scenes peaks at the lives of the fabulous bloggers that are creating the stuff I read about. In that spirit, I decided its about time I let you get a peak behind the curtain and made an About Me page.  From time to time I write about my life, but I decided its time to condense some info about me in one place so readers can get to know me. 

My Story
I was born and raised in the Northwest, but currently reside near San Francisco.
(I try to get home to the Northwest as much as possible. I have family and lots of great friends who live there.) 
After a few years of a long distance relationship, I relocated here to be near Dan.  
 2005 -- when I moved to be near Dan

We rescued the best dog in the world (I'm just a little biased). 
2007 -- bringing Ernie home from for the first time

We were married a few years later.  
 2008 -- honeymooning!

We took a few years to enjoy being married. 
We hung out with friends, bought our first home, did a little traveling...
 2010 -- Thailand

...and then we had Mia.
2011 -- Thanksgiving Day! Probably the most tired I have been in my entire life...

2012 -- My first Mother's Day
Things just keep getting better.

As always, thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. And thanks for all the inspiration you all have given me.  I will continue to strive to create interesting content. And I hope you'll continue stopping by to see it. 
And now, back to the parties... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment