Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rustic Wine-Themed Dessert Table

Yesterday I told you about the wedding of my friends Eddie & Andrea

I'm was so excited to help with their dessert table.  Especially when Andrea and I discussed our vision for the table. We decided on a rustic wine theme with touches of purple. 

I love the rustic look, so I jumped all over this! 
The venue had several rustic looking wood tables, so we used one of those and decided against any linens.  
I used tall apothecary jars filled with wine corks and a tall flower arrangement (provided by Andrea's florist) as a centerpiece for the table. 
 I also made some cork frames for the table... Love Is Sweet.
A cork frame was placed by the to-go boxes, which were stacked on a wine barrel next to the table. 

I used a variety of glass vessels, tiered stands, and cake stands to hold the desserts.  I also used two vintage wooden milk crates, which held wine bottles.  I had hard plastic cut to place on the top to make it safe to put edibles on.  I think these were fun statement pieces on the table. 
The desserts consisted of: 
Milk chocolate balls, grape gummy bears, and grape lollipops {from Candy Warehouse}
Red velvet cupcakes, chocolate mousse cups, and fruit tarts {provided by the Lodge at Sonoma}
Chocolate chip cookies {from Bi-rite}
And peanut butter cake pops {by me!}

My cake pops were a hit! I've made them several times, and these were definitely my best ones yet. Andrea asked for peanut butter cake pops.  Why didn't I think of this before?! 
I used Christi of P is for Party's recipe (from her other blog -- here), which basically calls for adding peanut butter to boxed cake and store-bought frosting.  I used yellow cake, and vanilla butter cream frosting.  Easy & delicious!  The pops reminded me of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
And aren't they cute with their little purple bows? :)

Photos by Lindsay Kanetomi
Thanks for letting me do this Eddie & Drea! I had a great time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment